My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy 1




I don't know why I do it to myself. I get all crazy about cakes and parties and pictures and... it's really about my baby turning one and all that has changed in the last year. So I could feel the craziness coming on while I was feeding Meadow I thought, "we better hurry this up so I can go make some frosting." Then I thought how sad it was that I was trying to rush holding my baby which was the reason for the frosting making anyway! So we sat there rocking and nursing for a long time and I held her head the way I had to when she was in the NICU (when I wasn't allowed to pick her up - torture). I talked to her and told her all the things I loved about her. I could tell she understood it all. And I thought of all the sweetness that she is and... I ended up crying. But I am so glad I took the time. After all that the cake turned out great, with a little help from designer Dad and we had a great little party.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

What a sweet thing to do! I love it. You just brought tears to my eyes. Your cakes are GORGEOUS and now I want to make a cake when I get home from work!

Looking forward to seeing you this Saturday and camping with you all this summer...

March 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM

 
Blogger Daybreaking Dickersons said...

I love the cake. And I love little Meadow.

March 17, 2010 at 8:17 AM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

your cakes are amazing...I love the candy stuff on them!

you are so sweet. and I love your girls, even though I don't get to see them. miss you!

March 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM

 
Blogger Donelle Anderson said...

Aww...I can't believe she is 1! Where does the time go? Tre turns 2 in less than 4 months. WOW and then baby #2 emerges 2 months later (or probably sooner than that).
I miss you guys but am so happy you have this blog so I can keep up with your adorable family!
XOXO

March 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM

 
Blogger hlw said...

So cute! Wish I could see your girls more...they are growing up so fast. Glad you took the time to enjoy it!

March 20, 2010 at 9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home