My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Five and Two

I was thinking I was a little crazy for driving five hours with four kids and a dog just to go to Grandma's (gamie - as Mee calls her) house. But it was all worth it. It is more than just going to Grandma's house it is waking up to a delicious breakfast after sleeping in till 9 in a fancy room. It is letting the kids run around, unwatched, like wild indians all over grandma's land. It is hours of hearing nothing while pruning fruit trees, seriously nothing not even a car passing, ahhhh. It is no phone calls (for me at least) or texting, or hearing about Japan till a couple days later. Ok that last bit was a little alarming, but it was so good to get away. And while we were there Me Me turned 2! So big. Then a day later Z turned 5! Crazy Birthday days. It was a bit confusing for Z because she's older, but her Birthday was after the babies? She has since told me her Birthday was the worst because she didn't get enough toys. Great.

Part of Z's present was just being with her dog cousin Roscoe. He came down with is because he out stayed his welcome at his other Grandma's house. Z tried to sleep on his dog bed with him, but we made her a bed next to him and she was happy. They were holding hand/paws right before I took this picture. I have never seen anyone love a dog as much as her. She cried like someone had died on the way home with out the dog. O slept with M and I caught them cubbing (Mee's word for cudding)too.

Seb and April showed up for the weekend and we finally did some hiking into what that part of Utah is famous for, slot canyons. I always been nervous to take my kids out into the middle of nowhere into a tiny cave like thing so we have never gone. Or I am always been pregnant, or it's too hot, but this time we just went for it. The baby wanted off Sebs shoulders and wanted to hike it herself, so we let her. Who knew it was kid heaven? She was grunting up the rocks and running up ahead. We were amazed at what a little rock crawler she is. And of course the other were so good. They are all crazy good hikers. I am so proud.



3 Comments:

Blogger from head 2 toe said...

They are all so BIG now! What a fun age for all of them! xoxo miss you all!

March 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM

 
Blogger mandytater said...

Hahaha, Zinnia looks terrified in the last photo with the children stacking. Cute, tough kids :) Love them

March 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

SO BIG!!! Z is 5??? are you kidding me?! We'll have to try out a slot canyons sometime too. I've always been a little nervous myself. or pregnant!

March 25, 2011 at 2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home