My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

End of School

1st Grade Luau! Super cute! I was surprised how well all the kids knew the dance. S was about to burst knowing that I was going to have to dance it with her after! Sneaky
A little pearly shells always makes me want to go back to Hawaii. Don't worry this whole outfit is saved in S's closet incase we make a trip soon.

O's 3rd grade class did a wax museum where O dressed up like Sacagawea. We learned at the library that everyone pronounces it incorrectly it is supposed to sound like saw-ca-ja-wa (thanks super informed librarian). I was happy to come up with a indian costume (easy) $4 at the fabric store and I was done. Then we strapped a dark haired baby to her back. I am thinking she should have chosen a more comfortable pose. She said her arm was killing her by the end. Thank goodness nobody passed out like last year when two kids went down. I loved O's friend Helen Keller who wouldn't break character even to say "hi" to me. She just looked like she was sleeping, I should have taken a picture.
Notice the fringe and hand beading. This became a serious family project. O's poster could not have looked more professional. Maybe because it was made by a professional. I teasingly asked if he was going to take it to work and show all the guys what he made, then he let O do the rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger from head 2 toe said...

What a cute idea about the wax museum! I will have to do that one year!

June 30, 2011 at 6:03 PM

 
Blogger Teri said...

Love the update. Such cute girls! How long is school out for? We should get together some time and let the kids play. When do you go to CA?

July 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home