Sweet sweet Sisters
This happened a while back and I wrote it out once for my cousin (Mara) who asked about my kids. I think this story is so...them. It happened a while back so sorry if you have already heard it.
Olivia rarely gets really really sad so one night I was surprised to find her under her bed crying. I figured out that Sophie (4) had just
destroyed Olivia's (6) little 2008 calendar project that she worked so hard on.
Olivia was sobbing about "never coming out again!" So
I scolded Soph and she really didn't care, so then I told her that I
was going to cut all of her babies hair off (it's her favorite toy so
I knew she would understand what a big deal it is to ruin something of
somebody elses, I know the crime doesn't meet the punishment but it was the best I could think of on the spot). Sophie freaked out, which was the reaction I was
going for. After enough freaking out I then told her to apologize to Olie. She kept crying and saying "I
don't like myself right now" over and over. How sad is that? It was starting to break my heart. So I
explained to her that if she said "sorry" Olie would forgive her and no
matter what she did we both would always love her. Olivia added in that
she loves her/Soph more than her cheerleading costume and bobble head
collection. Still Soph would not apologize so Olivia said (this is where it gets good)"Mom, could
I have a moment alone with Sophie?" (seriously that's what she said,
she's 6 years old 6!!!!) Then she led Sophie into the other room with
her arm around her and they...talked? I was already crying at this
point because Olivia is so straight from heaven I can't handle it. I know the reason she was born the oldest daughter was so she could show her little sisters what unconditional love is. This is when I almost want to remind Olie that Soph ruined her calendar and that I had so far not cut any baby dolls hair off, but I let them leave. After a while they came back to me (I was still sitting there stunned) and Olie coaxed Soph to say sorry to
her in front of me. Then they held eachother like long-lost friends.
It was just so sweet. I am not even giving myself any credit on that one.
Olie is just naturally the most loving forgiving thing ever. And Soph is a sweet four year old who needs to work on her impulse control (who doesn't). So
those are my kids for you. Oh and Zinnia the baby will someday I'm sure also see firsthand the undying love her big sisters have for her. Right now she is content looking at her books and learning to communicate. Anyway, so here is a picture of Olie and Soph playing in the snow (that won't stop falling!!!). Nice snow-hawk Olie!


2 Comments:
How cool is that? I'm glad you wrote it down! They're all going to be wonderful women who will make the world a better place!
PS Did you prompt Zinnia to stomp her feet and cry when we left?!!
I can't get that picture out of my mind (:
January 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Omigosh...I loved this story!! It's amazing how 1st borns can be like that sometimes...Mike is that same way with his younger siblings. So cute!!!
January 27, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home