My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Colonial Days





The day before the Forth I took the girls to colonial days in Provo.  They were very interested in all the people in period clothing.  Also the replica of the Mayflower was really cool (too bad I didn't get a pic).  The girls got to sign the ships manifest (what's cool is that we actually have relatives that came over on the real Mayflower), and pretend to steer the ship.  Z was in love with the furs.  She wasn't even afraid of the empty eye holes.  It made me think maybe we just need some fur around the house, instead of a dog?  The stalks, or old fashion time out for adults were way too fun to be a punishment.  The line to get to stand in them was so long.  They also had candle making, lace making (so tedious I was completely amazed, it almost made me appreciate lace) wool spinning (you can see Olie in a wool sleeping cap).  It was so great that everything was kid friendly.  Nobody was telling you not to bang on the indian drum so hard, or stop handling the candles.  Way to go Provo City, I wish we could have stayed longer, but my kids can't do out houses so we had to leave at some point.   

1 Comments:

Blogger Leanne said...

How fun is that?! It looks like you guys had a blast!

July 4, 2008 at 8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home