Mothers Days
A couple quick highlights from Mothers Day. Thank you sweet husband and kids for breakfast in bed. That has been a go-to tradition ever since I was even expecting a baby. Nice too because if the rest of the day is a flop at least I got breakfast.
The best thing was that O was asked to give a talk in church, not just primary either sacrament meeting. So she and Seb got it all ready without me prepping her to say "my mommy is the nicest sweetest etc." It was all what she wanted to say. When we got there she went and sat up on the stand and I was surprised she was the only kid up there (I thought it was going to be some primary thing, but no just my kindergartner up there!?). She sat up with the adults like she was 16 not 6, and when it was her time to talk she did so good, nice and loud nice and slow. I was so blown away at her public speaking abilities that I didn't even cry. I wish I had taped it because it was so cute. Although I'm not sure that video taping is appropriate for church.
Anyway later that day Seb and I both fell asleep (yet another highlight of the day me asleep) and why we were sleeping the kids made dinner. First they decorated the patio table with flowers from the neighbors bushes then started making food. Luckily nothing involving cooking it was more like peanut butter, jam, nutella, and cinnamon sugar sandwiches. Then there was dessert of nutella on broken up pieces of white bread with chocolate sauce on top. Oh and a couple of yogurts and cheese stick because that is as high as they can reach in the fridge. The funniest part was watching them totally love their creations. If I had made that for them they would have hated it. They were so proud of themselves it was adorable.


5 Comments:
How cute...sounds like a nice day...mine was nice...
Anything but relaxing though and SUPER LONG DAY (8:30am till 4:30am the following day - long story)...all about our Moms (Mike's and Mine).
May 15, 2008 at 11:27 AM
That is so sweet. I love the dinner that they created. O was awesome in Sac. Meeting! She wasn't ruffled a bit.
May 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM
your girls are so grown up!!!
christina
May 16, 2008 at 1:14 PM
your girls are getting so grown up!
christina
May 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Your girls are so cute! ...and that Olivia's talk in sacrament meeting!... are your kidding me?! I was looking around wondering why the heck everyone else was just sitting there as if its perfectly normal that a 6 year old gets up there like an adult delvers such a good talk. I was very impressed! So cute!
May 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home