My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Aquarium





Yesterday we went to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy.  I had heard the it was just a gymnasium with a couple fish tanks, because the money that was supposed to build the place was stolen?  So I was prepared for a yucky place, but was still kind of hoping it would be nice because it wasn't cheap ($8 adult, $6 child - even a two year old child).  I figured out it's not a gymnasium it's an old grocery store that has been converted into an aquarium, and I am sure they did the best they could considering the funds were gone.  O really like that there were sting rays that you could pet.  And the kids liked the glow in the dark jelly fish display that I only noticed later your are not supposed to photograph (Ooops).  So even after feeling ripped off I still would say you have to go once.  Who knows may be your admission is really a donation to make that place a little less sad.  If you do go put your kids in sleeveless shirts because they are going to be in up to their little arm pits try to touch the rays.  We all went home soaked!

2 Comments:

Blogger noelle said...

That is a funny little aquarium story. We might have to plan a trip, perhaps out of pity- but it still looks like fun. All my kids will care is if there is a gift shop too.

April 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Sting Rays are my favorite animal... or fish, whatever. It's the best aquarium we have, so yea, it's worth it once. But yes, it is a non-profit and any profit goes towards building a new one.

In my opinion, the zoo costs the same and is way better though.

April 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home