Baby Update
Meadow is still in the NICU, but she got moved to the feeder-grower nursery. That's the one they go to before they let you take them home. She had to be put on oxygen again so there are tubes up her nose, but she is keeping her levels up and seems to be more baby like. She can move her head around and she has opened her eyes for me. The nurses say she feels like we do when we have the flu so not to expect too much out of her. It is crazy the things you kind of figure out being here. I noticed I'm the only Mom hanging around, then I figured out they don't want me there unless I'm feeding her, which I only was allowed to start doing lastnight! I was anxious because all my other babies got the boob minutes after being born, and Meadow has been being tube fed for her whole short life. Anyway she took right to it like a pro and kept breathing at the same time! I cried, not a big surprise. That is one of the big steps before being release is being able to nurse. So now we are looking for her infection levels to go down to a 2, they are at a 4.9. Also she needs to get off the oxygen, but they can send me home with that. She is a sweet little baby who totally fits her name. Way to go Seb. Sorry no pics I'm not on my own computer. Also thank you for all of the love and support it has made things so much easier for us. And I'm crying again...


4 Comments:
I LOVE the name! And it goes with all of your other cute girl names. So glad she nursed well for you and that things seem to be improving.
March 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Oh I love baby Meadow. I can't wait for you guys to go home and for you to just hold that baby all day. (You'll probably have to fight off the other girls). I love you and everything will be OK!
March 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SIS. T! I love that name! it's so wonderful! And this is so great! Congratulations again!
March 16, 2009 at 3:06 PM
She is beautiful and so is her name! Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations!
March 17, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home