Snow Day
Finally it snowed. The kids were really excited. It always reminds me of my New Hampshire days when we would wake up to that wonderful white glow and listen to the radio to hear if our school was being canceled. Now I know the other side of that story, my Mom has since confessed that as we cheered when "Oyster River Elementary" was called out she would cry. There were 7 of us and my Dad was always traveling so it was a little rough on her. I don't quite know the feeling, but lets just say I have sympathy for her now. Today I so selflessly offered my car to Seb so he could get to work (his doesn't do good in the snow, don't feel bad for him he keeps buying cars that are not for Utah winters it's all his choice). So stranded at home we tried to make the best of the day. Playing in the snow till the kids hands were freezing.
Somehow I messed up my back either
a: shoveling my entire driveway, walkway, and sidewalk. Who knew it was going to melt anyway, oh well I needed the exercise
b: lugging around my 40 lbs two year old Christmas shopping
c: doing a kick line to some sweet Christmas music with the girls 6 months pregnant. Picture the rockette's just all different heights and....body shapes
I think it's a combo of the three.


4 Comments:
Dang! I hope your back feels better. We are supposed to get 3 - 6 inches tonight. If we do it will for sure be a snow day. Seattle has no idea what to do with snow. ( = Honestly, neither do I!
December 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM
My kids still had school, lucky me! But your blog makes me regret not taking pictures of them playing in the snow today. Oh well, I'm sure there will be another day. . .BTW you are a super nice wife. I wouldn't have been so generous. Give up the car AND shovel the driveway? No way!
December 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM
oh man, pregnancy takes a serious toll on the body, I don't care who you are! I hope it feels better soon! cute girls in the snow!!
December 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM
love the photos i loved playing in the snow and our kids are finally getting old enough that the 20 minutes of getting them into their snow clothes is worth it because they will stay out for at least that long, not 2 minutes..
December 19, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home