My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Festival of Trees



I'm pretty sure this tree belongs in our house.  It was S's favorite.  Too bad it was already sold.



This was almost a week ago, but I thought I'd put some pictures up.  Last year I went to Festival of Trees with a bunch of girls from my neighborhood.  It was way better than I thought was possible.  So this year I took my own girls, and Seb, and Auntie April got drug around.  Apparently I have a momtourage.  The really sweet thing about Festival of Trees is that each tree is dedicated to a person who is sick or already died.  Sometimes they have a little story or a picture of the person and the tree is decorated for them with stuff they liked.  So for me I am just holding back tears the entire time.  Why do I put myself through it?  The trees are awesome and all proceeds go to Primary Children s.  Also there is a really good Santa there with a better picture taking policy than the one at the mall (who won't look at you unless you bought a portrait package).  This year we have really been "Santa is coming" as some serious leverage for good behavior.  You can tell from the pictures the kids seem a little scared.  Z wouldn't even go close to him.  

2 Comments:

Blogger kristyn said...

your girls are gorgeous!! I think you need that holiday sparkle-fairy dust-glitter tree for sure. Wouldn't Seb die? I guess he's probably used to all the pink/princess stuff that I'm sure fills your house with 3 girls (soon 4!!).
By the way, what is the story on that tree?

December 9, 2008 at 10:40 PM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

that is a really pink tree. crazy! cute pictures, thanks for sharing!

December 11, 2008 at 3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home