Thanksgiving Weekend
A trip to Grandma Jo's is never complete without a soak in a 7 cousin tub. This year a guest at the B&B almost joined them ( an 8 year old girl)! She was staying with her parents and found it much more fun to be with all the cousins. They were all getting in the tub when I had to put a stop to it because my kids forgot their bathing suits, and that was just going to look bad. I couldn't quite explain it to the kids, I should have just said "sorry there is no more room in the bath for her."
Anyway, it was hours of fun! I got to clean up later. I've never seen a ring around the tub till that day, but I guess that is what you get when you put that many kids in a tub together. Yeah, Fish's face is not that convincing, but it was hard to get a picture of all the kids. I'm thinking this might be the last year of this tradition.
Other things I didn't get a picture of: 3 kids sleeping in the Harry Potter closet together. I'm sure that was one hot and sweaty night.
Also when the adults weren't watching the kids found Grandma's soda's (for customers, we don't let our kids drink that!) and had a Mountain Dew tea party. Auntie April busted them.
Lastly, I'm kicking my self for not carrying the camera to the chicken coop. Grandma has the craziest looking chickens, that let you hold them. We think it is because their hairdo's are so big they can't see you, and that is why they are so easy to pick up. The kids could have spent all day in the coop. If we were zoned for it I'd have chickens in my back yard.
It was such a fun time! And as always never long enough. Thanks Mom Dad and siblings!


5 Comments:
So jealous. I had no motorcycles and no guns. Well we almost had guns but we ran out of time. Luckily Ben's stepdad (weird) loves his guns and knifes so at least Ben got to look at them.
December 1, 2008 at 9:05 AM
cute pictures! Were you guys in boulder? Brooke and Matt went up there last weekend too.
December 1, 2008 at 9:50 AM
Looks like a very fun holiday! Sometimes I wish I had a gun at family gatherings. :)
December 2, 2008 at 7:24 AM
Ahh, super fun, but I feel like I had a separate holiday... got to know the Calf Creek bathroom/sewing room really well.
There could have been guns and I never would have known. Thanks for keeping a lid on Auntie April and her firearms.
December 9, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Thanksgiving looked fun! Really, one of these years we are going to make it down there! Who is "M"? I can't think of anyone in the family who's name starts with M except me? Do I have an imposter? I love you guys! I miss you!
December 10, 2008 at 10:32 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home