My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Friday, March 13, 2009

The New Kid



We had our new baby arrived on the 11th at 9pm. She was 7lbs and 19", with lots of hair. We only got to hold her for a little time as she got taken into the nursery for some respiratory issues. To make a long story short, she had to be plugged into a ventilator and poked and plugged into other things to correct this stuff. So needless to say the first night was not exactly what we had planned and more scary than happy. But now two days later, she is off the machines and they think they can move her out of the NICU area. We haven't really got to hold her yet because of all the cords, but it looks like tonight will be different. We are so happy/grateful/excited that she is doing better and hope to have her home soon.
S-

7 Comments:

Blogger Matt Flake said...

I love all that dark hair. I sure hope things are getting better. That little sweetie is in our prayers.

March 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

 
Blogger Jessica Jane said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad she is ok. That must have been scary and stressful, I'm glad things are looking up. I hope you'll send out an email with her name!

I'm so happy for you guys!

March 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

 
Blogger Serenity Rachel said...

She's a doll, Precia! Look at that chubby little chin! Hope you get to hold her lots now.

March 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM

 
Blogger Donelle Anderson said...

Congrats on the delivery of the newest member of the Tatum family! What a cutie...can't wait to see more pics!

March 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM

 
Blogger kristyn said...

She is gorgeous!! That is scary about the respiratory issues-- I'm glad she is doing better. It seems like giving birth gets scarier each time. I was a stress case with Henry's pregnancy and birth.

Congratulations!! Can't wait to meet her. Any plans to come to CA this summer?

March 14, 2009 at 8:12 PM

 
Blogger lramey said...

oh she's darling! your girls are all so beautiful! can't wait to see how she looks all prettied up and home with her mommy!!! sorry things were rough...that's not fun!

March 15, 2009 at 8:01 PM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

oh look at her hair! Congrats you guys!!!!

March 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home