My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

West Side Things

Sorry to anyone who reads this for the boring-ness going on here. The kids have been off track (year round school - I love it) so I have been busy doing things with them to keep them happy. First was the copper mine by our house. We took a couple neighbor girls with us (I/we love them). It turns out the place is quite a tourist attraction. We pulled up behind a bus full of Asian people and all they wanted to do was take pictures of my kids!?


Here is me taking a picture of the ladies taking a picture with my kids. It was so funny and weird. O said to me later "Mom did you see all the paparazzi there?" I guess she got to be famous for about two minutes.
The mine was pretty amazing. I was a little disappointed to not get a ride through some dusty dark cave, or even get to sit on one of the giant trucks, but they cost 20 million each so I am pretty sure that's why they don't have an extra one sitting around for people to climb all over. Ha!

Since we live on the West side we have been wanting to see what is out here. So we headed up Butterfield Canyon for a picnic. There is no place to stop so finally I just pulled off the side of the road and we climbed up the hill and sat down. It felt like the mountains...freezing. I love this picture below because you can see how much the girls are starting to look like each other. S was off hiking with Seb when this was taken. The kids got a little freaked out about wildlife and wouldn't go off on their own.
I love those happy girls!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Fun! We love Kennecott. The dude who creamed me with his truck works there. Maybe I can talk him into giving you a private tour... haha.

Butterfield Canyon is really pretty when the colors turn. You'll have to go back for another visit.

September 16, 2010 at 3:16 PM

 
Blogger from head 2 toe said...

So adorable! Asians are crazy- go to Hawaii with your girls- they will SWARM them! Hope all is well in Happy Valley! xoxo

September 17, 2010 at 11:25 AM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

CUTE!! I want to take my kids to Kennecott so bad, we just haven't yet. that's funny that they wanted pictures with your kids..

September 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home