My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Beach 2011

Good friends and family are the best. This year we invited old and new neighbors and it was so much fun. All the kids were different ages but we still had a blast, sharing surf boards, beach toys, and food. The beach was empty so it was easy to watch the M when she wandered. September really is the best for warmer water and no crowds.

Here is half of the beach campers. I really wish we had a picture of everyone! But we are just not that organized. In the middle is my little brother Spencer and his wife Ashley.
Me and all my ladies on the climb up to the tent. I was so proud of M she did the stairs all by herself. Maybe that is why she had the most shapely legs I have ever seen on a two year old.
Family picture. Note to self: Take picture on day one before we all look like total bums. Who told me my hair looked good? Lexi?!
Kids too hungry to smile. At the Oceanside pier. We always walk out to Rubys for dinner.
Uncle Spencer teaching Soph how to surf! So cute. We have video too. I just have to refigure out how to put it on here.
No I'm not pregnant and I promise I have bottoms on.
Spencer coming in from his morning surf. He is so in love with surfing it's funny. Well maybe not so funny to his wife Ashley who is the greatest sport ever!!!
The much anticipated barbie wedding.
M loving on her big sister who got a little sea sick while whale watching. Look at the hands!!! So sweet.
One of the dolphins we saw. I wanted to jump in right then and swim with it. But I had to take care of my sickies. I think watching the kids "eewwing" and "ahhing" was well worth the boat ride.
S goofing around with the Bigler kids.
M with the parents she wishes she was born to (Jenny and Brandon).
Our cooler during the black out.
The Biglers cooler during the blackout. We were so glad they are super generous and buy good food. The night of the blackout might have been my kids favorite part of the trip. When there were no restaurants open to eat at the Biglers spread all their food over the table and we ate candy, chips, and cold cereal for dinner. A kids dream come true.
Z crashing.
One of her cleanest moments.
Z 85% of the time.
The rarely seen "white-sea bass." He fried his stomach day one then was mad at me for not putting sunscreen on him everywhere (I did a good job on his back!!)??????? Um I think at 38 you can apply sunscreen yourself, where you can reach. I am now relinquishing myself as head sunscreen applier. If you can write your own name you can put your own sunscreen on.
Julie, me, and Jenny floating around. This might be my favorite picture because it shows the Moms having fun. Love those ladies! Don't love stepping on sea life so much!
M and her little friend Tre my friends son. Someone asked of they were twins because they are almost the exact same size.
O pretending she wants to learn to surf. She has wiped out too many times and is now a little cautious. But with perfect little waves and warm water we had her paddling out with her Uncle Spencer and Jere in the line up.
Some things I want to remember but don't have pictures of:
Sleeping at the Grahams in Henderson. Who knew asian kids can have blonde hair?
Alex singing "memories" all the way home from Wahoos's had all the girls in the car almost asleep with her angel voice.
Huge beetles landing on my head or other shiny things. Back handing one with my paddle brush.
Ashley and Spencer's offerings of two cliff bars
Early morning jogs with the ladies. One morning loosing Alex and having to back track and find her. That had my heart racing!
Laughing so hard we were hoarse in the morning.
Hanging out with Donelle, Jammer, Koa, and Tre. The cutest little boy family ever. It felt like no time had passed at all between us.
Gold dust sand. I couldn't get a picture of it but it was so pretty.
Loving that no one asks for anything but food for 4 days straight
Brandon taking a shower with a stranger lady while Jenny looked on
Staying with Cathy and Randy and realizing they are more like friends than Aunt and Uncle
Visiting the mormon battalion
Paddling out past the surf and laying out on long boards
No squirrels
Waking up in the night because the waves were so loud
Having Seb and my kids with me for a solid week

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

What a fun trip! Your family is gorgeous. Hilarious about Seb being at at YOU for his sunburn... don't worry, I've been accused of the same. Hey... let's go camping together again next summer!

September 16, 2011 at 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Jenny & Brandon said...

love the commentary on the pic's. My favorite it us splashing around like school girls! That was awesome, even with the "white squals" I should just cut and paste everything from your blog to my blog! ha ha! Thanks again for a great trip!

September 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Donelle Anderson said...

So fun getting to see you and spend a couple afternoons with you, your family and friends. Love that pic of Tre and M, they were so funny!
I am so far behind on my blog posts but will post the pic of you and I on your FB so you have a copy.

September 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM

 
Blogger Karly said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! I just LOVE beach week!

September 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

What a great post! Looks like you had a blast, I'm so glad...family trips are the best! And I always think you look cute!

September 18, 2011 at 1:55 PM

 
Blogger Summer said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had such a great trip!

September 29, 2011 at 7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home