My one weak attempt to preserve memories for my girlies.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Point Gardens







Auntie Callie gave us some free tickets to the gardens that needed to be used by Saturday.  So thank you Cal, for the nice diversion from Breaking Dawn, which I had been doing all that day (it pays to send Seb to the grocery store for milk on the day it's released, I would have waited to borrow it from one of my teenage babysitters)! 
There is so much to see there.  We forgot the stroller so we made the kids walk, probably like 3 miles and they didn't even complain because we told them there was ice cream to the kid who didn't whine.  Yeah for bribes!  They loved the childrens gardens with the Noahs Ark and bear cave.  
I'm sure you are not supposed to but Olie wanted us to lower her into the Koi  pond so the fish would nibble at her toes.  She's crazy!!!  She made Seb hold her there till his hands hurt, and then begged for more.  I have a hard time cleaning out a fish tank full of fish.  I think she is ready to snorkel.  Too bad we live in Utah.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daybreaking Dickersons said...

I still have never really been to Thanksgiving Point. I need to go.

August 5, 2008 at 8:09 AM

 
Blogger Donelle Anderson said...

Funny about Breaking Dawn...I have the book and it is burning a whole in my mind. I'm dying to read it but have to finish a book I borrowed from the library first since its due this week. UGH...I can't wait to read it!!!

August 6, 2008 at 5:49 PM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

Oh my gosh I love that she wanted to get in the pond! looks like some cool stuff there, and you didn't have to pay $50 to get in!

I want to know what you think about BD...I can't post on it yet since Danny reads my blog and hasn't read the book yet.

August 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love Thanksgiving point, and Koi fish.

August 11, 2008 at 7:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home