
I braved a trip alone to Escalante to visit Mom and Dad. We left Seb to work and have some man time. I know he loved it even though he won't admit it. I had heard my Dad wasn't doing so well so I was prepped for the worst. He isn't doing good, but we still had such a great visit. He says the most hilarious stuff. He yelled to Olie one night "get back here young man!" She couldn't be more feminine. When I went to tuck him in and say good night I thought he was already asleep so I just pulled the sheets up and he took a (fake) bite at me! It is so good he has such a great sense of humor. Another reason for the trip was for my Mom's Birthday she turned 60 (her birthday is 7-7-49 first multiplication table I ever memorized). Oh and also we love Escalante for the water! The girls loved swimming in Wide Hollow Reservoir, the water was crystal clear and the beach looks like the Bahama's. We could have stayed there for days, and you can camp there, but I wasn't prepared. I had to nurse M sitting on a log, nice.


This was the only real Birthday present I brought for Mom, a happy chubby baby to squish. She said it was enough. Good thing there aren't any stores in her tiny little town.

Dad can't feed himself or stand or walk or carry on a conversation anymore, but he can still hold a baby! He even kissed her and said "what a beautiful little creature." Pretty profound considering he is usually stressed that the CIA is after him and he can't find the gold bars he hid. Mem played with his chin forever, it was so sweet.

This is Z being a cave girl.

S taking a shower in the waterfall. We forgot the shampoo and conditioner!?

4 Comments:
So much fun. I need to post my pictures, but I only took a few. I'm ready to go to the resevoir.
July 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM
That reservoir looks awesome! Is it new? I don't remember it. Also, your chubby babe is the cutest! I love all those rolls.
July 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM
sorry to hear about your dad. it sounds like he is a lot of fun anyway. Your girls look like they belong in water!
July 16, 2009 at 12:55 PM
I am sorry to hear about your dad. Sorry but it brought me to tears because it brought back too many memories of Gma Bahr. Your mom is an angel to take care of him full-time.
August 3, 2009 at 3:16 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home