Yes, we have been on the road way too much, but it was time for a trip to Grandma Suzi and Grandpa Mike. And since we were only an hour and a half away we made it up to Yellowstone, which now might be my favorite National park, and we only saw 1/3 of it!
This is the beautiful lodge that has a neat old timey feel to it. The fireplace was so big you have to stand inside it to stoke the fire. The kids kept wanting to walk up all the stairs. Thanks grandma and grandpa for following them all around nervously.

O taking one for the team with the backpack.

Hmm I am not sure if you can see how much the girls love their Grandma! I don't think Grandma had a free hand all day! I think it is cute they look so much alike. And notice the water behind. It was so beautiful! I wanted to jump in so bad, but it will burn you.

Yellowstone is crazy! There is mist and stuff spewing out of the ground all over the place. And big wild animals everywhere. Every couple of miles there is a mini hike to a spot like this where the water is way too tempting. But there is a walk way to keep you safe and you only can look at the water and walk through the mist. Driving around it feels like an open zoo. If the their are cars pulled over we just pulled over too and saw whatever everyone else was looking at. We saw the biggest eagle, it looked like the size of a dog. We also saw buffalo, elk, and coyote, but no bears dang it. This guy below was pushing over a baby Christmas tree, and I didn't even have to get out of the car for this picture!

I just thought this was a cute picture of Mi mi and Grandpa.

I wish we had more time there but we have to get home for school and O's big day. Next time we are staying at least two days. Thanks for all the laughs Grandma and Grandpa!
1 Comments:
Sounds like fun! I haven't been to Yellowstone since I was 7 or something. You are so funny about the water!
October 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home